Friday, September 12, 2008

Language School Rocks

Julie and I finished our first week of language school. It´s been really fun for me as I´m going from no Spanish to some Spanish. Julie is also getting lots of practice bringing back her Spanish from school and learning about new stuff. Today was here first lesson in past tense. She was really happy to finally learn it. The Christian Immersion Spanish Academy here supports a mission for handicapped indigenous in Costa Rica. The disabled in the indigenous society are normally not cared for but this mission is taking them in and also teaching the other indigenous as well.
The language school is very exciting for me and Julie. After class its hard to do anything else but sleep. We´ve really been blessed by the family that we are staying with. Its been great practicing our spanish with them and also being around actual spanish family interactions. The discussions are just like I had growing up like, I want to go to a friends house, or I want to have a friend over. The kids know a little english from school so it fun to share phrases. Please keep us in your prayers as we´ve got a week to go and Julie has a sore throat.
Also, just a quick note from Julie. I entered our ¨casita¨ last night before Andy because we were watching a movie and i was too tired to finish it. I came in and saw a huge cockroach! This is not the first time we have seen them. I sprayed him with poison and then he vanished. I then looked down and he was at my feet. I sprayed him some more until he slowed down and then decided to get a shoe to smash him, because I wasn´t sure exactly how the poison worked but I definitely know how a shoe works. I grabbed my tennis shoe and smashed him. Then I asked aloud, ¨Anyone else?¨ and i saw alittle cockroach in the bathroom. When I sprayed that one is ran away but then another huge one came out. I sprayed them both and smashed them. I was too grossed out to clean up, so I waited for Andy to clean the messes. Now I know though that I don´t have to spray the poison that much because it was pretty potent afterward. Anyway, that´s my story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Julie, you and the cockroaches...now I'm not so sure I really want to visit. I hope you have some poison for us to carry around when we're there. Our prayers are with you guys. Love, Mom Kragt