Monday, January 17, 2011

Heidi's first food attempt: Squash

I have now given up on rice cereal after a few failed attempts and am starting to give Heidi some vegetables to see if she may like them instead. I had made and frozen acorn squash for her a couple of months ago in ice cube trays, so I pulled one out for her today.


She was very curious of the food and tried to put her hands directly in the bowl.

So far so good. She's excited about the situation.

She is not too thrilled about the squash.

Close-up of the damage.

Not too sure about eating yet. This is moments before she starts to cry.

The end result.

Heidi did eat a little of the squash, so this is a start. Little by little she will begin to eat more. I am not in a hurry though, I just want her to get a taste of different foods.

1 comment:

Sarah Peek said...

Oh funny little lady! I feel you on the rice cereal, J ate avocado as his first food because the rice didn't pass muster. Have fun trying new things!